1. Thoroughly vacuum the floor with a canister vacuum with a soft brush attachment (use of a vacuum with a power brush head will damage the floor surface). Removal of all loose surface dirt prior to starting is critical to the success of renovation.
2. Select a high-traffic area where the appearance of the floor is most-noticeably effected. Using Hallmark TrueClean® Wood & LVT Cleaner, spray mist an area of the floor and rub vigorously with a clean white towel. If the towel is noticeably dirty, the floor must be cleaned prior to application of Surface Guardian Refresh.
3. Shake spray bottle Trueclean® Wood & LVT Cleaner: Before use, gently shake the bottle (30s) to make sure the cleaning agents are well-mixed.
4. Pre-Surface Guardian Refresh Cleaning: Follow the instructions on the bottle of Hallmark Trueclean®. The cleaner can be sprayed directly on the floor in a fine mist. The mop system consists of a micro fiber applicator head. The micro fiber mop head must be moistened with water and well wrung out before applying the cleaner.
5. Wipe the Surface with Micro Fiber Mop: Vigorously rub micro fiber mop with direction of the grain. (Always maintain a “leading edge” with the mop head, turning when you get to walls – DO NOT “back up”, or you’ll leave dirt behind.) When the applicator is showing dirt, either replace with a clean one or rinse and wring out well. Launder mop heads after every use (DO NOT use fabric softener, including on dryer sheets – these can contaminate the mop head and interfere with Refresh application).
6. Test small area in traffic area: Spray a small area with TrueClean® and rub with a clean, white, terry cloth towel. If the towel is still showing dirt, the floor must be cleaned again. Refresh cannot be applied until test areas come back clean. Repeat the cleaning process until no dirt can be removed from surface with the towel test. Failure to get the floor clean will trap dirt under ReFresh and a hazy floor will be the result.
7. Lightly poor a small amount of Surface Guardian Refresh on the floor: Pour in a thin line onto the floor. Use a Micro Fiber Mop and apply a thin film of ReFresh to the surface of the floor. Do not use too much to avoid leaving puddles on the floor. Using the micro fiber mop, apply the ReFresh in a motion that follows the lengthwise grain of the floor. Apply evenly for best results. Do not apply across the grain of the plank. On tile, pick a direction, and apply in only that direction.
DOWNLOAD FULL PDF INSTRUCTIONS
VIEW VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS